CafeMuse is designed to provide easily accessable resources, opportunities for collaboration, and sharing ideas with peers. Here are some tips on how get the most value from a visit.
TIP: this is a good page to add to your bookmarks or print out and save for easy reference.
What topics can I find in CafeMuse?
CafeMuse uses the subject of sound and music as a point of departure for a multi-disciplinary approach to learning about ourselves and the world around us. We use five primary content areas to cover this wonderful and important topic.
These primary content areas serve as organizing principles throughout the entire site.
What is the best way to find something in CafeMuse?
CafeMuse presents the five primary content areas in each of three virtual areas; the SoundGarden, Kitchen, and Resource Room. They are color-coded to help you find your way:
The above three virtual areas are complemented by two additional virtual "rooms"; the CoffeeShop, and the Kid's Create! Gallery. These are also color-coded:
The main entry point is called the Front Door:
Together these six areas form the primary gateways to explore the entire site.
What is the best way to navigate?
1. There is no single best way to navigate this site. It's up to your individual learning styles.
2. We provide a navigation bar to help you explore and use this site. It is located on the upper left side of every page. It points to each of the five virtual areas and the Front Door.
3. The navigation bar contains a SEARCH button on the top. It is the quickest way to browse for relevant information until you get more familiar with the site.
4. The navigation bar contains a BACK button on the bottom. Note: It is not found on the six main pages of the site (Front Door, Kitchen, SoundGarden, CoffeeShop, Resource Room, and Kid's Create! Gallery).
5. There are many links we use that point to other sites on the Internet. Those sites don't have navigational buttons back to our site. We therefore use the following:
6. In addition to the navigation bar, we add a
hyperlink that takes you to the top of each page. These internal links help you navigate up and down on some of the longer pages.
7. We also provide a series of button icons to help you recognize the different activities and media we use:
TIP: it takes about 20 minutes to download a 1 megabyte file (1,000,000 bytes) at 14,400 bps modem speed and roughly 10 minutes at 28,800 bps modem speed.
How do I use RealAudio to optimize my listening pleasure in CafeMuse?
To get the very best sound from our many audio files, you'll need to use the RealAudio Player.
To find out whether or not your computer is currently set up to use RealAudio follow this link.
What formats does CafeMuse support?
We support those formats that provide the greatest cross platform compatibility. We want people using DOS, Windows, Macs, or Unix computers to be able to access our resources and have them maintain the same or similar look and feel.
We use the following color conventions for our HTML text:
Hot links appear blue,
Active links appear red,
Visited links appear purple,
Text appear black.
TIP: If you don't see the above text in the color stated, your browser may be set to custom colors. In order to take advantage of the above color scheme you may wish to change your browser's color settings.
What other conventions does CafeMuse use?
Comments or questions? We'd love to hear from you. Included on the bottom of most pages is our email address:
Send your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you enjoy your visit with us!
"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute,
– Albert Einstein
© 1996 – 2021 NewWorldView, All Rights Reserved.